Monday 19 September 2011

His Way and The Highway

I did it my way
That’s what the man says, old Cranky Frankie
Regrets, I’ve had a few
But then too few to mention

And I’m not regretting driving along on my own, CD playing.
I’m on the highway now, and I have travelled almost each and every highway, just like the song says.

This time it’s a bit different. Moving interstate to get away from the missus.  One step ahead of the police. I might have bit off more than I could chew this time. Keep an eye peeled.

I did it my way
 Yep, sure did. Got the knife to prove it. They won’t find me. I’ve planned it too carefully. New identity, different car. I did what I had to do.

Funny, isn’t it, how a song can be just like a man’s life.

I’ll put it on repeat.

And now the end is near
Hold on! My new life is just beginning. New city, new woman, no ending for me, thank you.

But what’s that? A B-double on the wrong side of the road.
Too late. Scream of brakes. Crash. Silence. CD still playing.
 I did it my way … my way … my way

No comments:

Post a Comment